BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ehsanmath
Obsidian | Level 7

Hallo,

I am facing a issue with proc fastclust. I want to have 5 clusters and I can get them very well. The problem is: If I run the same procedure on two different datasets which has actually the same data, I get different numbers for clusters although the behaviour clousters are the same. 

For example:

A cluster, which was numbered 2 in first run, is numbered 3 in the second run. Using Profiling I can see the fact that cluster 2 in first run is equivalent to cluster 3 in second run.

Do any one has Idea how I can preserve the cluster numbers ?

Thanks in advance

Ehsan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

If the clustering is really the same, then you can do the following:

1. From the first run you can use the OUTSTAT= option to output the centers. Call the centers

CA_1, CA_2, .., CA_k.

2. From the second run you can use the OUTSTAT= option to output the centers. Call the centers

CB_1, CB_2,..., CB_k.

3. Concatenate the centers into a single data set and use PROC DISTANCE to compute the distance between centers.

4. The first k columns and the last k rows represent the distance between the centers in each run.  The smallest elemtn in each column tells you which center in Run A mathch up with which cetners in Run B.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ehsanmath
Obsidian | Level 7

Actually, order does not matter here. What really matters is the "time period". I have one dataset from May2016 and the second Dataset from Jun 2016. Since the (customer) data comes from the same source. Also the experiementation shows that I can always finde the same clusters but with different numbers.

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

If the clustering is really the same, then you can do the following:

1. From the first run you can use the OUTSTAT= option to output the centers. Call the centers

CA_1, CA_2, .., CA_k.

2. From the second run you can use the OUTSTAT= option to output the centers. Call the centers

CB_1, CB_2,..., CB_k.

3. Concatenate the centers into a single data set and use PROC DISTANCE to compute the distance between centers.

4. The first k columns and the last k rows represent the distance between the centers in each run.  The smallest elemtn in each column tells you which center in Run A mathch up with which cetners in Run B.

ehsanmath
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks It seems to work 🙂

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation