BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sasbasls
Calcite | Level 5

hello,

I need help with exporting a .txt file from a remote unix server to windows server.

Would proc export does that? Please site an example/point to any existing code if available.

thanks!!

4 REPLIES 4
manojinpec
Obsidian | Level 7

which server your sas lies on? you can create a script to ftp.

sasbasls
Calcite | Level 5

SAS is on Unix. I want to do it in SAS coding only. So finally I need to move a .txt file created on unix server to windows server. Thanks.

Hima
Obsidian | Level 7

filename tranfile ftp 'tport.dat' lrecl=80 blocksize=8000

recfm=f cd='mydir' host='myhost.mycompany.com'

user='myuser' pass='mypass'

rcmd='site umask 022 recfm=s';

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/movefile/59598/HTML/default/viewer.htm#a001021283.htm

sasbasls
Calcite | Level 5

I was using proc export and due to file size being very large, unable to get thru.

Proc download can also be used, but not sure if this works for infile/outfile references.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation