BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
3r
Calcite | Level 5 3r
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

I want to have a program to run on SAS EG 7.1 that can take data from our team's remote SAS server and download it directly onto my local machine.

I wanted to use this little program that I found in a related post;

proc export data = sashelp.class

outfile = 'c:\dokus\class.txt'

dbms = dlm replace;

delimiter = '09'x;

run;

When I create the \dokus\class.txt document in my C drive and run the program on SAS EG, I get the following error in my log;

ERROR: Physical file does not exist, c:\dokus\class.txt.

I've read all of the answers to the related post; https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Procedures/Unable-to-export-data-to-local-folders-PROC-EXPORT-in-..., but I still don't know what to do.

I don't really know how to tell the SAS server to look into my local C drive since there is no connection between the SAS server and my local C drive.

And just as a little side note; using the copy files task feature, saving onto a shared folder, etc., or anything similar are really not options. Everything needs to be in a compact little piece of code that I can just run on the EG to do the entire exportation at once.

Thanks in advance!

coco

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

@3r wrote:

Hi all,

I want to have a program to run on SAS EG 7.1 that can take data from our team's remote SAS server and download it directly onto my local machine.

I wanted to use this little program that I found in a related post;

proc export data = sashelp.class

outfile = 'c:\dokus\class.txt'

dbms = dlm replace;

delimiter = '09'x;

run;

When I create the \dokus\class.txt document in my C drive and run the program on SAS EG, I get the following error in my log;

ERROR: Physical file does not exist, c:\dokus\class.txt.

I've read all of the answers to the related post; https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Procedures/Unable-to-export-data-to-local-folders-PROC-EXPORT-in-..., but I still don't know what to do.

I don't really know how to tell the SAS server to look into my local C drive since there is no connection between the SAS server and my local C drive.

And just as a little side note; using the copy files task feature, saving onto a shared folder, etc., or anything similar are really not options. Everything needs to be in a compact little piece of code that I can just run on the EG to do the entire exportation at once.

Thanks in advance!

coco

If there's no connection to your drive or a common drive (network drive) then this isn't possible. I believe this is a feature since it locks data down to the server and exports are traceable. 

You have to use a Task or a shared folder. 

Reeza
Super User
If you use SAS BASE instead of EG this is possible.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation