BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
art297
Opal | Level 21

Astounding: Which method were you referring to?

art297
Opal | Level 21

Astounding: I must have missed something because I don't see anything like that among the responses.

Astounding
PROC Star

It should be 5 or 6 responses above this one.

art297
Opal | Level 21

Astounding: I still don't see it.  Can you post the time it has listed for having been posted?

Thanks in advance, Art

Astounding
PROC Star

Art,

It was 3:43 p.m.  VX=Xc is the author.

art297
Opal | Level 21

Astounding: Ah!  That person's address appears as a name on my account.

Yes, the method is user specific.  It does exactly the same thing that my suggested code does, namely changes the SAS registry for that user thus, if you access SAS via a network (rather than having it installed on your local machine), then it should work from any computer.  I was simply suggesting a way to do the same thing programmatically and in a way that could be transferred across locally installed versions of SAS.

VX_Xc
Calcite | Level 5

yeah because I added you. I'm VX=XC.

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

I am not a big fan of using the registry in SAS because it is tied to the SASUSER library.  If you run on multiple machines you might not have the same SASUSER library.  And worse if you run multiple instances of SAS on the same machine it will likely not give you your SASUSER library and hence the settings you might have saved there because you already have it open.

Why can you not define the library in the new programs?

You can use the LIBREF function to test if the libname has already been assigned. 

jerry898969
Pyrite | Level 9

Thanks everyone for your replies.  We contacted sas and were told "The functionality you want is currently only available in the new library window."

Thanks again

art297
Opal | Level 21

Jerry,  I know you said that you don't want to change the registries, but that is what occurs when one takes the action by clicking in the new library window.

Did you try the approach I suggested in an earlier post?  It simply does the same thing that occurs by using the new library window.

Astounding
PROC Star

Jerry,

One last thought ...if I were in your shoes here is what I would examine.

Set up a program with 3 steps:

options nosource nonotes;

RUN a precompiled DATA step;

options source notes;

The precompiled DATA step examines the options settings to make sure that NOSOURCE and NONOTES are in place.  If not, it uses CALL EXECUTE to issue an ENDSAS command (that'll teach those users to meddle).  If the options are properly in place, it uses CALL EXECUTE to issue the appropriate LIBNAME statements.

For each user, define a function key to bring in and run that program.  You get to maintain the precompiled DATA step, adding LIBNAMEs in the future as needed.

Good luck.

twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8

Would this be a good candiate for Metadata pre-assigned library....

Barry

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 in conversation