BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
BETO
Fluorite | Level 6

I have a table that runs daily it gets kick off by task in windows. The issue is that there is a column in table for  date that must be from yesterday its a indicator data has refreshed. When  its not we have to manually kick off the sas code to bring in the most current data. I need help in creating a loop that runs the 1st part of the table an see that date eq yesterday an it proceeds. When it doesn't eq to yesterday day it stops goes to sleep for 30min an reruns script until date matches yesterday date...Thanks for assistance

5 REPLIES 5
data_null__
Jade | Level 19

Your question contains the answer SLEEP.

SAS(R) 9.3 Functions and CALL Routines: Reference

BETO
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for the quick reponse. I would like the loop to look to see if the settlement date matches yesterday. If it does than the rest of the  code runs. If it doesn't match yesterday date than it  stops  an starts the process over again until settlement day matches yesterday day.

data_null__
Jade | Level 19

Those details are specific to your data.  What is "settlement data" and where is it, etc.   You will need to supply more details for me.  Others may be able to devine the question without knowing the answer. 🙂

BETO
Fluorite | Level 6

The table has a.Col name Settlement date it's formatted in mmddyy. What I want to have is a loop that looks at the 1st entry an if the settlement date. Matches yesterday date to contiune running script. If it doesn't eq to yesterday date it stops script .  I would want it to start process again until the settlement matches yesterday day... Thanks again

art297
Opal | Level 21

The following thread shows some code that is quite close to what you want/need to do:

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation