BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
bncoxuk
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi sir,

I am thinking to run a piece of code every one hour, up to 5 times. I tried to use the wakeup function, but not worked. Do you know to achieve this task?

Thanks a lot. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DF
Fluorite | Level 6 DF
Fluorite | Level 6

You could probably run your code in a loop, and use the sleep() function to wait until the next relevant time period.  However I'd imagine its probably better to schedule the code to run, either using Scheduled Tasks on Windows, or CRON on unix etc. - it depends on what your setup.

Either way, I suppose you'd also have to be sure that your code takes less than an hour to run!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DF
Fluorite | Level 6 DF
Fluorite | Level 6

You could probably run your code in a loop, and use the sleep() function to wait until the next relevant time period.  However I'd imagine its probably better to schedule the code to run, either using Scheduled Tasks on Windows, or CRON on unix etc. - it depends on what your setup.

Either way, I suppose you'd also have to be sure that your code takes less than an hour to run!

bncoxuk
Obsidian | Level 7

I've put this right now using the sleep() function. Many thanks Smiley Happy

art297
Opal | Level 21

I presume this is for sending out your emails.  If you are on Windows take a look at:

http://analytics.ncsu.edu/sesug/2006/CC04_06.PDF

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation