BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
JismolJ
Calcite | Level 5

I did a growth performance study in grower pigs using 4 different diets ( peas and enzymes were the two factors)and the data turned out to be non-normal. The experiment was arranged as an RCBD on factorial design. 

What distribution should I use...gamma or poisson?

How would I identify the fit statistic? Can I get AIC, BIC values using glimmix or should I use proc mixed?

How can I get the estimate values if I am using any of these distributions? Or should I take the estimate values from proc mixed?

This is the code I have used:

ods html;                                                                                                                     

ods graphics on;                                                                                                                       

proc glimmix data=Body_weight plot =(residualpanel studentpanel);                                                                                                                

class block pen peas enzymes Day;                                                                                                                   

model weight =  peas|enzymes|Day/dist=gamma link=log s;                                                                                                                

random Day/subject=Pen(peas enzymes) type=cs residual;                                                                                                                   

lsmeans peas|enzymes|Day/slice=Day;                                                                                                           

run;                                                                                                                

ods graphics off;                                                                                                                      

ods html close;

I have attached the entire code with my data for further information.

Please guide me.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

When fitting

model weight =  peas|enzymes|Day/ /*dist=gamma link=log s*/;
random Day/subject=Pen(peas enzymes) type=un residual;
run;

the studentized residuals look like

StudentPanel1.png

I don't know about the model. But the residuals look fine to me.

PG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

When fitting

model weight =  peas|enzymes|Day/ /*dist=gamma link=log s*/;
random Day/subject=Pen(peas enzymes) type=un residual;
run;

the studentized residuals look like

StudentPanel1.png

I don't know about the model. But the residuals look fine to me.

PG

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation