BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
VX_Xc
Calcite | Level 5

I know I can use Library Wizard to create library and tick on 'Enable at start up' option to make the library permenant.

But how do I do it with LIBNAME statement?

9 REPLIES 9
GreggB
Pyrite | Level 9

libname mydata 'C:\Libraries\Documents';

/*this creates a reference to the documents folder*/

data mydata.one;

set two;

run;

/*this will create a permanent data set named one into the destination determined by the libname statement.*/

VX_Xc
Calcite | Level 5

Yes, it sure does make permanent dataset BUT it does not make permanent library. mydata, the library, will disappear if I quit SAS session and rerun it.

VX_Xc
Calcite | Level 5

So only way is to use library wizard. No options available in LIBNAME statement to do the same thing?

GreggB
Pyrite | Level 9

I do what Linlin posted.  If you're running SAS 9.3 the directory is a little different:  C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.3

VX_Xc
Calcite | Level 5

I think it's just a manual way of doing what library wizard with 'enable at start up' option does .

Linlin
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

This is how I make "permanent" library:

libname mydata 'C:\Libraries\Documents';

save the sas code as "autoexec.sas" in directory

"C:\Program Files\SAS\SASFoundation\9.2"

VX_Xc
Calcite | Level 5

Lin, using similar methods you mentioned can I make the Notepad to have the first line look like;

----+----1----+----2----+----3----+----4----+----5----+

So that if I open a text file with some data with Notepad, the first line will look like above, and whatever is contained in the text file will start from the second line?   

art297
Opal | Level 21

Somehow I think you've got your threads mixed up.  However, in answer to your question, just use Wordpad rather than Notepad and make courier or new courier the default font.  Wordpad has a built-in ruler.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation