BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Miracle
Barite | Level 11

Dear all,

I wish to read in my Excel data via libname but SAS doesn't read in all the columns when I open it.

Here is my SAS syntax if you could please tell me what's wrong with it?

• libname chk EXCEL '\\IDMS\IDMS 2013.xlsx' mixed=yes stringdates=yes dbMax_text=32767;

Thank you very much.

3 REPLIES 3
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

perhaps you could post an example excel file where this problem occurs.  I cannot tell much from what you have posted. 

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Check the columns have been defined like a table. All of them must have a name (first row) that conforms SAS naming conventions.

Putting a missing column in between will stop the reading at that point.

As the conversion Excel/SAS using libnames is based on range definitions. You could define a named range in Excel.

---->-- ja karman --<-----
Miracle
Barite | Level 11

Thanks for your reply.

I checked that there is neither a missing column nor invalid SAS naming conventions.
I managed to read in all my data by proc import with GUESSINGROWS=2147483647; statement and I still don't understand why I can't do it with libname statement :smileyconfused:
Because I need to meet deadline I'll just use proc import for now Smiley Happy

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation