BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sohelsayma
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello All,

I was trying to see the climate moisture trend over time for combined sites using proc mixed.   However, when I tried to model it with the following command than an error occurred. It said "NOTE: The data set WORK.PRED has 0 observations and 0 variables."  I have applied the same model for temperature and it was successful. But not for climate moisture data. Please note that The climate moisture data have both negative and positive value. Can you please help me to solve the problem? Thanks.

proc mixed data= import;
   class plot;
   model cmi =  plot plot*year;
run;

proc mixed data=import;
         class plot;
         model cmi = year /  ddfm=kr solution outp=pred;
         random int year / type=un subject=plot solution;
         run;

proc sort data=pred; 
         by year; 
         run;

proc sgplot data=pred;  
         series y=pred x=year / group=plot;
         run;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

Your Plot 78p1 has values WAY different than the others and the model does converge when that data is excluded.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Reeza
Super User

Post your log. 

Most likely you'll see that for some reason the PRED dataset wasn't created from PROC MIXED and then it doesn't flow through your process.

sohelsayma
Obsidian | Level 7

Dear @Reeza,

Thanks for your reply. Please check the attahcment. You can find the log.

Kind Regards

Sohel

Reeza
Super User

Fix the error in the log before the error you mentioned....

sohelsayma
Obsidian | Level 7
Dear @Reeza,
I have checked the input file. Variable plot and Year are available in the input data file. I have attahced the input data file in my post. Still couldnt figure out the problem.
Reeza
Super User

You noticed your procedure did not converge WARNING?

I don't know your data and you may want to post this under Statistical Procedures, but the issue is the fact that your model doesn't converge. Why? I don't know...check that your model is specified correctly and that you don't have any other issues. 

ballardw
Super User

Your Plot 78p1 has values WAY different than the others and the model does converge when that data is excluded.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation