BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
fouke_o
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I keep getting the error:

ERROR: Insufficient space in file WORK.VISITSADULTCOUNT.DATA.

ERROR: File WORK.VISITSADULTCOUNT.DATA is damaged. I/O processing did not complete.

when I want to run the following code:

data VisitsAdultcount;
	set visitsadult;
	ynomenc=year(SS00015);
		by H18;
		if First.H18 then do;
		visitsA=0;
		if (ynomenc GE startFU) and VERSTR_CARDIO_VOLW=1 then visitsA+1;
		if (last.H18) then /*loop for 1 patient*/		
		output;
	end;
run;

H18 is my ID variable and my dataset contains approximately 15 million records. I want to count the number of visits for every person in the dataset. 

Any idea how I can fix this or any other code I could use that wont give this issue?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
KachiM
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

@fouke_o 

I guess there must be some issue with your input data set.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

You've run out of disk space for your WORK dataset. Are you running SAS locally on your PC or on a remote SAS server?

If you are running SAS on your PC then delete any files you no longer need to free up space. Check your SASWORK folder to see if there are any old sub-folders that can be deleted.

If you are running remote SAS then consult your SAS administrator to free up more space.

fouke_o
Fluorite | Level 6

I am running remote SAS, but my work folder is as good as empty.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Contents of your folder doesn't say whether you are running out of disk space or not.

Contact you server admin to get help of analyzing disk space and your program behaviour.

Adding some options <might> give som more input on whats going on (in the future, provide the full log, instead of splitting up the message and the code):

options msglevel=i fullstimer;
Data never sleeps
SASKiwi
PROC Star

On a remote server you will be sharing the WORK folder with other users who could be filling it up. Like I said, talk to your SAS admin.

Ksharp
Super User

Use this option to re-direction your WORK library.

options user='d:\temp\';

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation