BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
HyunJee
Fluorite | Level 6

I am trying to use the DualData program located at the below website. I have downloaded the files and was able to get the program loaded into SAS. Everything looks ok, but anytime I get to the start menu and hit continue to enter a data set name, I keep getting an error that the dataset name is invalid. I use the required 7 characters or less and name the dataset "test". It only contains 10 records. Any help anyone can provide with this program is appreciated.

http://www.npwrc.usgs.gov/resource/methods/dualdata/index.htm

Below is the code I run to start the program and start up the program.

/* Special configuration options for OS/2 */

/* These statements should be included in config.sas file */

/* Do not merge application and SAS System menus */

/* NOTE: Release 6.10 only! */

-noawsmenumerge

/* resize aws and turn off aws menus */

-awsdef 0 0 100 100

-awsmenu off

af cat=dual.ddesys.startup.program;

/* Example AUTOEXEC.SAS file for OS/2 */

LIBNAME DUAL  'S:\GenPeds\GenPeds\JHale\DualData';

*** Application lives here ***;

*** libref DUAL must be defined ***;

LIBNAME A 'S:\GenPeds\GenPeds\JHale\DualData';

*** Application lives here; *directory specification must

*** be identical to libref DUAL ***;

*** libref A must be defined ***;

LIBNAME DDE 'S:\GenPeds\GenPeds\JHale\DualData';

*** your data will be stored here ***;

*** libref DDE must be defined ***;

*DM 'TOOLCLOSE';

*** NOTE: this statement valid for Release 6.10 only;

DM 'LOG OFF; LST OFF; MGR OFF; PGM OFF;

AF CAT=DUAL.DDESYS.STARTUP.PROGRAM; ZOOM ON; AF;';

*** above statement shuts down various Display

*** Manager windows and starts DUALDATA application;

7 REPLIES 7
art297
Opal | Level 21

I've never used it, but it looks like it is looking for version 6 datafiles.  Is that what your "test" data file is?

HyunJee
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Art,

I actually created two test data files. I attached all the files I have been using to my original post.

"test" is version 6 and "test2" is version 9 of SAS.

I am able to get the program to run, but something just doesn't seem right.

It says to create an icon by using the custom configuration and autoexec files (which I included in the CIIMPORT - JJH Edit program) by consulting my operating environment documentation for instructions on how to create an icon.

I am not sure if because I did not specify an icon the program is not running correctly, or if I am specifiying the wrong dataset.

I appreciate any help you can give. I have been trying to get this to work for over an hour and feel like I have been going in circles......

art297
Opal | Level 21

The following old SAS-L post may provide some of the info you need: http://www.listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0105c&L=sas-l&P=28711

HyunJee
Fluorite | Level 6

I have actually been using that same text as a guide. I am able to get the program to load, but I cannot get it to read in any of my datasets. I tried to email Terry Shaffer, but the email appears to be inactive.

art297
Opal | Level 21

I can't test it because I don't have SAS/FSP.  Do you license the product?  And,so that others might be able to respond better, what operating system are you on?

HyunJee
Fluorite | Level 6

I do license the product and am using SAS V9 for Windows.

I appreciate the help you have been able to provide Art Smiley Happy

ballardw
Super User

Have you tried specifying the version 6 engine for your version 6 data set?

Also there are references to DDE and OS/2. The DDE calls might be significantly different with current versions of Windows.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 in conversation