BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
dereck255
Fluorite | Level 6

Please see below:

data XYZ;

infile file1 dlm='09'x notab dsd missover;

informat Date1 DATE.;

input Name $ Num1 Name2 $ Num2 Date1 Var1 Var2 Var3;

Date1=IDate;

format Date1 IDate date10.;

keep Name Num1 Name2 Num2 Date1 IDate;

run;

When I do this, I get "." for both Date1 and IDate and the error that IDate is uninitialized.. When I remove the Date1=IDate statement the Date format works out fine. I have a feeling it has something to do with the input statement. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dereck255
Fluorite | Level 6

I figured it out! Date1=IDate should be IDate=Date1;

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
dereck255
Fluorite | Level 6

I figured it out! Date1=IDate should be IDate=Date1;

Jagadishkatam
Amethyst | Level 16

i dont think it is necessary to keep the variable IDate in the keep statement, it is this reason you got the uninitialized note.

From the input statement you are reading the date as date1 variable. so there is no need to use date1=ldate.

Thanks,

jag

Thanks,
Jag
Reeza
Super User

Why is the title of the question dates from Excel? This looks to be reading a tab delimited file.

MISSOVER is considered deprecated and TRUNCOVER should be used instead.

dereck255
Fluorite | Level 6

because the file is from excel - I just didn't show the dde.

art297
Opal | Level 21

: Where have you heard/read that missover has been deprecated?

Reeza
Super User

I think the term came up in a discussion either here or on SAS-L this month, the question was what is the difference between TRUNCOVER/MISSOVER.

I don't think it's actually deprecated, just no longer useful in the majority of situations.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation