BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ybz12003
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hello,

I would like to create a table for top row is year, the most left column is month, then site is the subgroup under year.  I'm not sure if there is a way to do it.

1 REPLY 1
ballardw
Super User

Data is helpful.

Proc tabulate is a very likely candidate as I find it easier to nest things vertically.

And what goes into the intersection of month and site columns?

Here is an example of a similar report using the SASHELP.STOCKS set that you likely have available. The first data step basically just adds a month variable.

data fortable;
   set sashelp.stocks;
   month=month(date);
run;

proc tabulate data=fortable;
   class date month stock;
   format date year4.;
   var close;
   table month,
         date*stock=' '*close="Max close"*max=''*f=dollar10.2
         /misstext=' '
   ;
run;

The =' ' that appear are just to modify the default column heading text. When it is '' or ' ' then that suppresses a level of the column (or row) heading. This report show the maximum closing price of each Stock, which would be your SITE variable, for each month.

I am using the format YEAR4. on a date value to just display the year.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation