BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
OlsabeckT29
Fluorite | Level 6

My dataset already has been geocoded but it is missing census tract information. Is there a way in SAS to identify the corresponding census tracts to the existing lat/longs without running the whole dataset through proc geocode? The dataset has about 15 million observations so to re-geocode it will take significant time. I am trying to avoid using the following piece of code due to the time it will take for this size of dataset.

Proc geocode
method=street
data=child_clean
out=georesults
lookupstreet=lookup.usm
attribute_var=(tract);
run;

Thank you for your help! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

The only that comes to my mind is if you have a map data set of census tracts that have boundary values of the map polygons in the same units as your data then Proc GINSIDE might work.

Not sure if faster though.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ballardw
Super User

The only that comes to my mind is if you have a map data set of census tracts that have boundary values of the map polygons in the same units as your data then Proc GINSIDE might work.

Not sure if faster though.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation