BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
paulsparrow
Obsidian | Level 7

I use to use a shortcut key where I could clear the log and Sas Output window at once. 

F12 clear log; clear output;

Now under 9.3 this won't clear the output.  Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

There are a few notes here:

http://support.sas.com/kb/43/911.html

eca.png

Especially Edit->Clear All might be the ticket for you...

See also How to clear the output window in SAS 9.3.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
art297
Opal | Level 21

You can assign whatever you want to the function keys.  Take a look at: http://www.listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0611A&L=sas-l&P=R15774&D=1&H=0&O=D&T=1

paulsparrow
Obsidian | Level 7

That worked in 9.2.  I can't find a command to clear what they now call the Results Viewer in 9.3

art297
Opal | Level 21

ODSRESULTS;CLEAR But there are new factors they introduced as well.  Take a look at: http://support.sas.com/kb/43/911.html

paulsparrow
Obsidian | Level 7

Close.  this clears the results log but not the Viewer.

art297
Opal | Level 21

Did you add the statement as recommend in the TN, ie: ods html newfile=proc

paulsparrow
Obsidian | Level 7

I've done that so now I at least get a clean new window for each proc freq.  Just use to clearing the old results window.

art297
Opal | Level 21

There must be a way to string everything together and assign the bundle to a function key.  I'm not on 9.3 yet, thus can't test it.

Yes, I know that a number of folks are going to be unpleasantly surprised.

MarkFriedman
Calcite | Level 5

I put this in the top of my programs, based on this thread...(not sure if it goes in a function key).  Seems to do the trick...

ods html close;

DM log "OUT;CLEAR;LOG;CLEAR;" log continue ;

DM log 'next results; clear; cancel;' whostedit continue ;

ods html newfile=none;

leonard
Calcite | Level 5

I just activated my new SAS 9.3 license and had the same problem.

Go to Usage Note 42874 and follow instructions for changing options.

Worked like a charm

chemicalab
Fluorite | Level 6

dm 'odsresults; clear';;

JohannesForkman
Calcite | Level 5

If you want to clear the results viewer before you rerun your SAS-program, then simply put

ods html close ;

ods html ;

in the beginning of the program.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

I wrote a paper for SGF that outlines at least 4 ways to work with the new behavior in SAS 9.3. In my opinion, the best method is to use the "full control" method instead of a cumulative file. Of course, I like to name my files, so I'm a bit particular about where output goes and what it's named. But I do show 4 basic alternatives in the paper and, of course, there are other combos of commands, settings that will work.

The key thing to remember about the Results Viewer and 9.3 is that with HTML turned on automatically, a cumulative HTML file is created, unless you control it otherwise. While the HTML file is open for receiving output, you can clear the links/pointers that appear in the Results Viewer window, but you cannot "empty" the HTML file itself without taking some controlling action. Here's the link to the paper:

http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings12/250-2012.pdf

cynthia

alexcewing
Calcite | Level 5

I have been using

ods html close;

ods html;

and it works fine, except for one thing. Before running that code, the results viewer refreshes every time a procedure is run. However, after running that code (closing the html file and opening the new one), I have to manually refresh the results viewer by clicking view > refresh. Is there a way to get SAS to automatically refresh the results viewer window like it did before I created the new html file?

I am using SAS 9.3 TS Level 1M0.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

There are a few notes here:

http://support.sas.com/kb/43/911.html

eca.png

Especially Edit->Clear All might be the ticket for you...

See also How to clear the output window in SAS 9.3.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 11 in conversation