BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sasbasls
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I want to run a sas program connecting remotely to a remote server meaning sas program that exists on a remote server.

can this be possible?

I am thinking to use filename ftp command to connect. But then to run a SAS program after connecting to it, can we use X unix command to execute sas program.

And one more thing is all this needs to be called in a sas program from current server. Please let me know.

thanks in advance!!

8 REPLIES 8
Ksharp
Super User

You want to run this code at Remote SAS Server or at local PC ?

Which connecting way  you have connect with Remote SAS Server?

SAS/Connect ?

SAS/Share?

SAS/Integrated Technology?

Ksharp

art297
Opal | Level 21

Some more questions.  How would you connect to this server if you weren't using SAS?  And, does only the program exist on the remote server, or does the data the program accesses also reside on the remote server?

sasbasls
Calcite | Level 5

I want to access remote server using SAS in filename ftp command. And then once remote server got connected, there are some datasets in a libary and I have a program on remote server to access those datasets and are downloaded to one of directories on remote server. So my question was - once we get connected to remote server, how can I run that SAS program ?

thanks in advance for help.

Ksharp
Super User

using SAS in filename ftp command.

is only a way to connect to ftp server not SAS server.

If you want to run this code at Remote SAS Server, you must have Product:

SAS/Connect ?

SAS/Share?

SAS/Integrated Technology?

Or If you can telnet SAS Server ,then can use batch mode to run SAS code.

Ksharp

sasbasls
Calcite | Level 5

hi Ksharp!!,

Would you please post an example on how to use batch mode to run SAS Code ?

thanks,

sasbase

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

You can find this information in the Companion for UNIX environments documentation.

/Linus

Data never sleeps
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

So do you have a server with SAS data and SAS programs, but with no SAS server?

Or do you, but you don't have SAS/CONNECT, and try to mimic this by using filename ftp...???

If you can map the directories where your programs and data reside, you can execute directly on your local SAS session.

/Linus

Data never sleeps
Ksharp
Super User

Assuming your SAS Server is under UNIX/AIX.

Use username sas to telnet SAS Server

Enter SAS Install directory like: /sas/SAS/9.2/SASFoundation/bin

Use vi or emacs to edit SAS code and save as a .sas file

input the following at command line:

sas -sysin /home/test.sas -log /home/test.log

As LinusH suggested, You should check the companion of UNIX to find more information.

Ksharp

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation