BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
micksom
Calcite | Level 5

All,

I have a large dataset in which the majority of the cells are not populated, indicated by a '.'. This was a result of creating columns when I executed a proc transpose.

ABC

A + B + C

(CALCULATION)

1. In datastep when I try to calculate A + B + C for row 1 in the above example, the returned value is . ,rather than 25. How do I perform a sum across columns when one or more of the fields is empty.

2. Alternatively, is there a quick way of doing an if A = . then A = 0 across two hundred columns, without having to do an if statement for all columns. Can this be done across the whole database.

3. Alternatively, is there something I can do in the proc transpose which populates the fields as 0s rather than . s

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Regards,

Michael

2 REPLIES 2
Haikuo
Onyx | Level 15

Sum() function: Sum(a,b,c)

data_null__
Jade | Level 19

Better still leave out the transpose and just SUM the values using PROC SUMMARY using the same BY statement you used in PROC TRANSPOSE.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation