BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Khalidjoya
Calcite | Level 5

Hi everyone!

I am doing a research on willingness to pay for food safety attributes for vegetables and because of that I want to calculate standard error for willingness to pay using bootstrapping method in SAS. Does anyone knows how can I calculate standard error for willingness to pay?

thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

You need to say more about how you compute "willingness to pay" (WTP). The general idea is that you estimate WTP on the original data, then generate thousands of random subsamples of the data and estimate WTP on each subsample. The result is the "bootstrap distribution" of WTP estimates (one for each subsample). The standard deviation of that distribution is the standard error you are looking for.

An overview of bootstrapping in SAS is given in the article "The essential guide to bootstrapping in SAS",

which provides links to dozens of tips and techniques for efficient bootstrapping in SAS.

Khalidjoya
Calcite | Level 5

Hi dear sir! 

Firstly, I estimated the a conditional logit model using proc MDC in SAS then I computed the willingness to pay using this formula WTP=B(attributes)/-Bprice. Now I want to know how I can calculate the standard error or confidence level for estimated willingness to pay using bootstrapping method in SAS.

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

If you still have questions after reading The Essential Guide to Bootstrapping in SAS, then please post your code and some sample data.

Khalidjoya
Calcite | Level 5

Hi dear sir!

As you said before I attached a sample of my data with this message and the codes which I have used to run the conditional logit are as following:

proc MDC data=work.leafy;*/basic model/*;

title 'Basic Model';

model answer= none appearance_wholesome ps_organic tm_super mygap_cert price /type= clogit nchoice=3;

id questions;

output out=probdata pred=p;

run;

After I estimated the coefficients for each variable I calculated Willingness to pay using this formula WTP=B(variable)/-Bprice

Now I want to know how I can calculate the standard error for WTP using bootstrapping method.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation