BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
morten1
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I want to compare two methods with a Bland Altman plot. The difference between measurement 1 and measurement 2 are non-normally distributed data, therefore, I want to log-transform the data. I get the bias, SD and LOA on the log-transformed data, and can make the BA-plot.

My problem is when I am transforming back the LOA to original scale, which I want to insert on the original BA-plot, for easier interpretation. How do I calculate the slopes of the LOA and how do I know the intersection with the y-axis?

I also want to make 95 % CI of the mean difference of this data, how can I do this on log transformed data when I want the 95 % CI to be on the original scale? (for comparison to other normally-distributed data). Or should I just calculate 95 % CI of the mean difference on non-normally distributed data?

Thanks!!

1 REPLY 1
Oligolas
Barite | Level 11

Not sure I understood but I will try to answer.

My problem is when I am transforming back the LOA to original scale, which I want to insert on the original BA-plot, for easier interpretation.

When I plot with a log scale i am not doing any transformation, I specify "TYPE=LOG" in my GTL or SGPLOT code, SAS does the job.

Generally speaking avoid any back-transforming of your data, maybe create a macro that does the plot depending of the type of analysis you want (linear or logarithmic).

"How do I calculate the slopes of the LOA"... If you mean the regression line use PROC REG:

ods select none;
   proc reg data=inputDS;
      model yvar = xvar ;
      ods output ParameterEstimates=outputDS;
   run;quit;
   data _null_;
      set outputDS;
      if variable eq 'Intercept' then call symput('Int', put(estimate, BEST.));    
      else            call symput('Slope', put(estimate, BEST.));  
   run;
   ods select all;

how do I know the intersection with the y-axis?

y = slope*x +intercept  intersection with y-axis is your intercept.

I also want to make 95 % CI of the mean difference of this data, how can I do this on log transformed data when I want the 95 % CI to be on the original scale? (for comparison to other normally-distributed data). Or should I just calculate 95 % CI of the mean difference on non-normally distributed data?

As I said, avoid back-transforming, calculate the 95%CI on original scale data.

Cheers

- Cheers -

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation