BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Sandhya
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi,

I have a dataset which is ODSed to EXCEL.

The dataset looks like this.

Group Panel Value Mean
111 c 11.11 22.22
111 c 12.12 21.21
111 b 13.13 13.45
222 a 45.45 56.56
222 d 77.77 77.77
222 d 88.55 66.66

Now I need to color the dataset in which respect to Panel.

Meaning all panel c's under 111 gets a color, all panel b's under 111 get a different color.

Please give me suggestions.

Thanks in advance,
Sandhya.
4 REPLIES 4
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
I'm confused by your description of what you want. Your data/report looks like this:
[pre]
Group Panel Value Mean
111 c 11.11 22.22 <---pink
111 c 12.12 21.21 <---pink
111 b 13.13 13.45 <---yellow
222 a 45.45 56.56 <--- what color for these???
222 d 77.77 77.77
222 d 88.55 66.66
[/pre]

Are you saying that for group 111, when panel = c you want one color??? And then for Group=111 and panel=b, you want a different color??

And then WHAT do you want to color??? the panel cell??? You want to color the group cell and the panel cell??? Or you want to color the whole row???

Also, you indicate that you are using ODS to create a file that Excel can open...but are you using:
ODS CSV
ODS HTML
ODS MSOFFICE2K
ODS TAGSETS.EXCELXP?????

And, also, what is your procedure of choice?? Are you using PROC PRINT, PROC REPORT, PROC TABULATE?????

cynthia
Warren
Obsidian | Level 7
I have a similar question. I need to create a excel spreadsheet with a light green color for the whole row whenever desc = 'diff' as well as the title row. What should I do? Please see code below.

data diff(keep=n desc m2 m1 m0);
merge a b;
by n;
dm2 = sum(m2 , -bm2);
dm1 = sum(m1 , -bm1);
dm0 = sum(m0 , -bm0);
if abs(dm2 ) > 2
or abs(dm1 ) > 2
or abs(dm0 ) > 2;
output;
desc = bdesc;
m2 = bm2;
m1 = bm1;
m0 = bm0;
output;
desc = 'diff';
m2 = dm2;
m1 = dm1;
m0 = dm0;
output;
run;

proc export data=diff
outfile="c:\diff.xls"
dbms=excel2000 replace;
run;

Thanks.

Warren
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi,
The issue is that there are no colors and fonts in a SAS dataset. So with PROC EXPORT there are no ways to highlight or do traffic lighting or conditional highlighting.

If you use ODS and PROC REPORT then you can highlight a whole row based on a condition, using the CALL DEFINE statement in a COMPUTE block.

There are examples in previous forum postings if you search for traffic lighting or conditional highlighting, as well as in the PROC REPORT documentation.

Cynthia
Warren
Obsidian | Level 7
I've found that I can use ods tagsets.excelxp with proc report and the following compute statement.

compute src;
if src = 'diff' then call define(_row_, "style", "style={foreground=blue}");
endcomp;

See also http://support.sas.com/kb/23/353.html

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation