BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Vickey
Calcite | Level 5

I am new to use SAS dictionary tables. I have ODBC connection to an oracle database. I do not have a database diagram and try to use SAS dictionary to display the tables in this database. I can successfully display the members (the library I defined) of my dictionary. I wonder if I can display the data/tables within the library and how.

Here are the codes I wrote.

/*my connection to the database*/

libname sql odbc prompt; /*define sql as the libname*/

%put %superq(sysdbmsg);

/*display all the libraries i have ever defined*/

proc sql;

select *

from dictionary.tables;

quit;

Library sql is one of them. The member name is CTAR_Datamart_prod and name is ODBC. all other information are empty. How can I display the tables in this sql library. Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Haikuo
Onyx | Level 15

For Oracle tables, check out this paper:

http://www.scsug.org/SCSUGProceedings/2011/poling2/FINDING%20ORACLE%20TABLE%20METADATA%20WITH%20SAS....

For Other database, you can find their Meta data info here:

Information schema - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Haikuo

sascom10
Calcite | Level 5

Also try exploring proc datasets, I guess that shiould help you!

Haikuo
Onyx | Level 15

Thanks, KeShan. This is indeed very handy.

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

When using Oracle I find it very helpful to also use SQLDeveloper (free client, can be downloaded from Oracle).

...and as a hint: When downloading/installing the 64bit Windows SQLDeveloper version point it to a 32 bit jdk (version 6.x) - took me a lot of Googling to figure this one out.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 in conversation