BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
lady8506
Quartz | Level 8

I have a frequency table given by PROC FREQ that looks like this:

PROC FREQ DATA = have;
TABLES SurgeryGroup * InsuranceStatus / nopercent;
RUN;

It gives me the correct table that looks like this: 

table.jpg

I would like to make a separate calculation off of this table called the "Reconstruction Rate" - subdivided by insurance status like above - which is basically:

No BCT w/ Recon / (No BCT w/ Recon + No BCT)

Example: 36/(36 + 69)     &      563/(563 + 595)

It should be coded so that if the frequencies of the table change (possibly due to more data added at a later date), then so does the answer to the calculation. 

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Create an output data set, and then do the additional calculations using this output data set from PROC FREQ.

To create an output data set, use

TABLES SurgeryGroup * InsuranceStatus / nopercent out=results;

OR

If I am udnerstanding the additional calculations correctly, you could run another PROC FREQ wihtout the category "Had Breast Conserving Surgery" and then this second PROC FREQ would give you the results directly. 

--
Paige Miller

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Create an output data set, and then do the additional calculations using this output data set from PROC FREQ.

To create an output data set, use

TABLES SurgeryGroup * InsuranceStatus / nopercent out=results;

OR

If I am udnerstanding the additional calculations correctly, you could run another PROC FREQ wihtout the category "Had Breast Conserving Surgery" and then this second PROC FREQ would give you the results directly. 

--
Paige Miller

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation