BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
telescopic
Calcite | Level 5

1) I am typing some iml inside SAS base; I wonder why there is the need for the module IMl/studio?

2) From below, when I use iml to compute values,eg. n_by_na and n_by_nb, then continue with some SAS procedure. After that, I want to use iml again, the previous variables(eg. n_by_na and n_by_nb)are lost from memory.

What is the standard way to do this?

Thank you

IML Newbie

------------------------------------------

/*determine the n_a and n_b*/
proc iml;
reset log print;
N=938;
N_a=731;
N_b=207;
Ssqu_a=0.00009162;
Ssqu_b=0.08779198;
e=0.009;
z=1.75;

/*tempo1=N_a*Ssqu_a+N_b*Ssqu_b;
tempo2=(N_a*Ssqu_a);
tempo3=(N_a*Ssqu_b);*/

n_by_na= ( N_a* sqrt(Ssqu_a) +N_b*sqrt(Ssqu_b) )/( N_a*sqrt(Ssqu_a) );
n_by_nb= (N_a*sqrt(Ssqu_a)+N_b*sqrt(Ssqu_b))/(N_b*sqrt(Ssqu_b));
nsample=(z##2)/(e##2)*(  n_by_na*(N_a/N)##2*Ssqu_a + n_by_nb*(N_b/N)##2*Ssqu_b  );

nsample_a= ( N_a*sqrt(Ssqu_a) ) /( N_a* sqrt(Ssqu_a) +N_b*sqrt(Ssqu_b) )*nsample;
nsample_b= ( N_b*sqrt(Ssqu_b) ) /( N_a* sqrt(Ssqu_a) +N_b*sqrt(Ssqu_b) )*nsample;
/*end:determine the n_a and n_b*/

DATA SAMPLE_SET_A;
SET imput_out_MCMC;
WHERE(RISKGRP_logit='a');
RUN;
DATA SAMPLE_SET_B;
SET imput_out_MCMC;
WHERE(RISKGRP_logit='b');
RUN;

proc iml;

reset log print;

y_bar=(N_a/N) *0.0013578 + (N_b/N) *0.3169460;         /*After that, I want to use iml again*/
var_y_bar=(1-nsample_a/N_a)*(N_a/N)##2*(Ssqu_a)/nsample_a+ (1-nsample_b/N_b)*(N_b/N)##2*(Ssqu_b)/nsample_b;

1 REPLY 1
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

If you have SAS/IML 9.22 software or later (after Nov, 2010), you can use the SUBMIT/ENDSUBMIT statements to call SAS procedures and DATA steps from PROC IML without losing the state of your IML session:

submit;
DATA SAMPLE_SET_A;
DATA SAMPLE_SET_B;
RUN;
endsubmit;

See http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/imlug/63541/HTML/default/viewer.htm#procs_toc.htm

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

From The DO Loop
Want more? Visit our blog for more articles like these.
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation