BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
hamed_jabarian
Calcite | Level 5

Hi experts and friends, I am using SAS9.2 and most of time I have tend to use IML by Proc iml syntax,

I have downloaded user-guide for SAS/IML 13.1 but many subroutines and syntaxes do not work and this error appears in log that " Invocation of unresolved module".

First of all, I would like to know whether SAS/IML and SAS9.2  are separate programs or IML,OR,Stat are sub-library of SAS9.2!!

further to the first part of this article some of examples in SAS booklet could not be executed in my system and I doubt that I use right version of IML user guide.

looking forward to hear any solution .. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

The simplest solution is for you to use the documentation for your version of SAS/IML, which is either SAS/IML 9.2 or 9.22.

SAS/IML(R) 9.2 User's Guide

SAS/IML(R) 9.22 User's Guide

Every version of SAS/IML is associated with some version of Base SAS. For example, SAS/IML 13.1 corresponds to the first Maintenance Release of SAS 9.4.  To see how the numbering of the Analytical Products correspond to the Base SAS numbering system, see

http://blogs.sas.com/content/iml/2013/08/02/how-old-is-your-version-of-sas-release-dates-for-sas-sof...

FYI, SAS 9.2 was release in 2008. Since then there have been six releases of SAS/IML software. I'm not surprised that you are getting "unresolved module" errors because more than 60 new useful functions or statements have been added, not to mention statistical graphics and performance improvements such as multithreaded algorithms.  I encourage you to ask your SAS administrator when your site will update to a more modern version of SAS.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

The simplest solution is for you to use the documentation for your version of SAS/IML, which is either SAS/IML 9.2 or 9.22.

SAS/IML(R) 9.2 User's Guide

SAS/IML(R) 9.22 User's Guide

Every version of SAS/IML is associated with some version of Base SAS. For example, SAS/IML 13.1 corresponds to the first Maintenance Release of SAS 9.4.  To see how the numbering of the Analytical Products correspond to the Base SAS numbering system, see

http://blogs.sas.com/content/iml/2013/08/02/how-old-is-your-version-of-sas-release-dates-for-sas-sof...

FYI, SAS 9.2 was release in 2008. Since then there have been six releases of SAS/IML software. I'm not surprised that you are getting "unresolved module" errors because more than 60 new useful functions or statements have been added, not to mention statistical graphics and performance improvements such as multithreaded algorithms.  I encourage you to ask your SAS administrator when your site will update to a more modern version of SAS.

hamed_jabarian
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you very much , your explanation was perfect

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

You are welcome. By the way, for some of the newer functions, it might be possible to implement the functionality through a SAS/IML module.  So post back if there are particular functions that you need. It might be possible to provide a module with equivalent functionality.

hamed_jabarian
Calcite | Level 5

In fact I am using IML to assess time series data and financial factors, the most valuable missing function can be summarized as graphics output because my version rejects some routines such  call bar, call scatter and so on.

in these case I have to turn to "submit endsubmit" block to order graphic output or some statistical orders too.

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

It sounds like you have figured out how to generate your graphs by using SUBMIT/ENDSUBMIT.  You can write a module that does some of the tedious work for you, as shown in this article: http://blogs.sas.com/content/iml/2014/06/23/creating-ods-graphics-from-the-sasiml-language/

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

From The DO Loop
Want more? Visit our blog for more articles like these.
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation