BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
oriti
Fluorite | Level 6

Dear all, Dear Rick,

I simulated 20,000 data of OLS coefficients under the null that the coefficient is equal to zero.

Now I have 20000 simulated data and one observed coefficient.

I want to calculate the p - value.( The probability of getting the results I did  given that the null hypothesis is true)

In Rick Wicklin's book, he suggested for chi-square procedure:

pval=sum(Q>=qObs)/Numsample;

But in my case is it right? Isn't it p-value for one-tailed test ?

Do I need to take

pval=2*sum(Q>=qObs)/Numsample;

Thank's,

Orit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

It sounds like you want a two-sided test. For a discussion, see How to compute p-values for a bootstrap distribution - The DO Loop .  For a two-sided example (and code), see p. 14 of this paper: http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings10/329-2010.pdf

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

It sounds like you want a two-sided test. For a discussion, see How to compute p-values for a bootstrap distribution - The DO Loop .  For a two-sided example (and code), see p. 14 of this paper: http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings10/329-2010.pdf

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

From The DO Loop
Want more? Visit our blog for more articles like these.
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation