BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
karen8169
Obsidian | Level 7

When I try to rewrite the orginal code to fit my data, it always appears that "ERROR: (execution) Matrix has not been set to a value.".
But I don't know where can I correct them. By the way, I want to know how to store het_y into a column form.

Thanks a million.

proc IML;
use work.jb_test_data;
read point (1:252) var{BIDLO ASKHI PRC VOL RET} into m;

n=nrow(m); r=ncol(m);
y=m[,5]; x=shape(1,n,1)||m[ ,1:2:3:4];

beta=inv(t(x)*x)*t(x)*y;
sigma=sqrt(t(y-x*beta)*(y-x*beta)/(n-r));
se=sigma*sqrt(vecdiag(inv(t(x)*x)));
het_y=x*beta;
print het_y;

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

It often helps to post the entire log of the code and any error /warning messages to diagnose things.

Also, since you use the phrase "try to rewrite the orginal code to fit my data" it appears that you are following another code file.

It may help to post that original code as well.

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

The index creation operator (:)  has the syntax initial:final.  In your case, the correct syntax is

x=shape(1,n,1) || m[ ,1:4];

See the "Tutorial" section of the SAS/IML documentation for other tips for using SAS/IML for linear regression.

To write vectors to a SAS data set, see "Writing data from a matrix to a SAS data set."

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

From The DO Loop
Want more? Visit our blog for more articles like these.
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation