BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ShufeGuoding
Obsidian | Level 7

I define a objective function and use optimization subroutine NLPNMS to optimize it in IML. After a long time runing, the following error pops up in log window:

ERROR: NMSIMP Optimization cannot be completed.
ERROR: The function value of the objective function cannot be computed during the optimization
       process.
ERROR: Execution error as noted previously. (rc=100)

operation : NLPNMS at line 501 column 1
operands  : *LIT1287, x0, , constr

*LIT1287      1 row       1 col     (character, size 2)

ml

x0      1 row       6 cols    (numeric)

0.5       0.1       0.1       0.5       0.1       0.1

constr      2 rows      6 cols    (numeric)

-0.99      0.01      0.01     -0.99      0.01         1
      0.99         .         .      0.99         .         .

statement : CALL at line 501 column 1
501!                                     /*call Nelder-Mead Simplex optimization subroutine*/
502  print xr;
ERROR: Matrix xr has not been set to a value.

If I use the xr at this step as my suboptimal result, how can i get it?

1 REPLY 1
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

For most optimization methods you can print out the iteration history by specifying a large value for the "how much printed output do you want" option.  The iteration history will help you to determine if the optimization is diverging to infinity (bad, don't use the final estimate) or is converging, but very slowly.

See the doc for NLP options. The option is opt[2]. I can't remember if you need opt[2]=1 or opt[2]=4.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

From The DO Loop
Want more? Visit our blog for more articles like these.
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation