BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sasg
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

I need to create flag for below logic in SAS SDTM AE Domain. Could you please help me with the logic.

if aestdtc<rfstdtc  and patient has another record with same AEDECOD and AETERM , and AESEV increased need to flag as Y.

I'm new to sas need a sample code for this logic.

Thanks in advance!!!

1 REPLY 1
Astounding
PROC Star

Presumably you have a variable representing the date.  You would need to put the data in the proper order first:

proc sort data=have;

by patient aedecod aeterm date;

run;

Then check your conditions:

data want;

set have;

by patient aedecod aeterm;

prior_severity = lag(aesev);

if first.aeterm=0 and (aesev > prior_severity) and (aestdtc < rfstdtc) then flag='Y';

drop prior_severity;

run;

As someone relatively new to SAS, there are several topics you will need to learn, to understand the program.  Start with the addition of a BY statement following the SET statement.  It's something you will use regularly.

First, however, see if this flags the observations that you are hoping to flag.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation