BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
KalaBhairava
Quartz | Level 8

Hi All,

Can any one explain easily understanding  way to do Shift table.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jianmin
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Kurt, I'm late to replay and I hope by now you have figured it out about the shift table.  Here is a link how others talk about shift table: https://www.lexjansen.com/cgi-bin/saspapers_query.php title search for "shift table". 

Shift table is important only because it was not easy to get for some important parameters in clinical trials.  We have done change from Baseline for continuous variables all the time, but for a very long time people haven't figure it out that we can do the same for categorical variables as we did for continuous variables.  In the case of 4 possible categorical outcomes, a 4 by 4 table (shift table) is used to present the result.  It takes a lot of space, and most of those 16 cells have no values. A little bit more complicated when you compare tables.  A simplified and short-handed shift table is proposed.  See the attached. 

Best Regards

Jianmin Long

PS: the data in the attached is openly available on https://www.cdisc.org/sdtmadam-pilot-project

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
KalaBhairava
Quartz | Level 8

Shift table for Physical examination in clinical trails. 

KalaBhairava
Quartz | Level 8
Shift tables are very important in clinical trial studies. A shift table is a table that displays the number of
subjects who are low, normal or high at baseline and the shift at post-dose.
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@KalaBhairava wrote:
Shift tables are very important in clinical trial studies. A shift table is a table that displays the number of
subjects who are low, normal or high at baseline and the shift at post-dose.

So you need to do a certain transformation of the data in a single table.

If you provide some usable example data (data step with datalines), and the expected outcome, I can tinker around with it.

Jianmin
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Kurt, I'm late to replay and I hope by now you have figured it out about the shift table.  Here is a link how others talk about shift table: https://www.lexjansen.com/cgi-bin/saspapers_query.php title search for "shift table". 

Shift table is important only because it was not easy to get for some important parameters in clinical trials.  We have done change from Baseline for continuous variables all the time, but for a very long time people haven't figure it out that we can do the same for categorical variables as we did for continuous variables.  In the case of 4 possible categorical outcomes, a 4 by 4 table (shift table) is used to present the result.  It takes a lot of space, and most of those 16 cells have no values. A little bit more complicated when you compare tables.  A simplified and short-handed shift table is proposed.  See the attached. 

Best Regards

Jianmin Long

PS: the data in the attached is openly available on https://www.cdisc.org/sdtmadam-pilot-project

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

I assume your following CDISC models?  If so then its just a matter of merging on baseline record to all post-baseline records, then reporting this to a table.  So your data would look like:

USUBJID  ...  ANRIND    BNRIND

xxx                 LOW         HIGH

xxx                 NORMAL  HIGH

Then its a matter of processing that information into the output shell you have.  Unfortunately, exact code and such like is company IP, so you will need to do this yourself, using your company standards, shells, macros.

KalaBhairava
Quartz | Level 8

Yes thanks for replay and i need clarification on how to start procedures not code because i am new to this shift tables. 

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation