BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Let me preface this by saying I am a relative novice using PROC MIXED. I am using PROC MIXED to conduct a repeated measures ANOVA. I am using the following code:
proc mixed data=ds order=data;
class SUB IV;
model DV=IV;
repeated /subject=SUB type = cs r rcorr;
lsmeans IV;
run;

Where IV has 3 levels. Also, there is no missing data. When I run this I the standard errors produced by the LSMEANS statement are the same for all 3 levels. I'd like to understand why this is so. I am interested in reporting the LSMEANS and SE.

Thanks,
Jeff
1 REPLY 1
statsplank
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Jeff,

First, I would like to note that the way you wrote the PROC MIXED code corresponds to RCBD with subjects as blocks. If that is the case, then the standard errors for all tretament levels are computed using the same formula:

se[y_bar]=SQRT{(var1+var2)/n},

where var1 and var2 are, respectively, a between-subject variance (block variation) and a MS(Error), and n is a number of subjects.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Health and Life Sciences Learning

Need courses to help you with SAS Life Sciences Analytics Framework, SAS Health Cohort Builder, or other topics? Check out the Health and Life Sciences learning path for all of the offerings.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation