BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jwaller
Obsidian | Level 7

but you are unsure how?  Look no further than volunteering to help in a room during a morning or afternoon time block as a Room Coordinator.  

SASGF is organized and managed with a great blend of SAS employees and SAS users volunteers.  But we always need more help.  We are in need Room Coordingator volunteers in every breakout room during every morning or afternoon time block, which works out to needing about 250-300 volunteers.  As a Room Coordinator we ask you to either time a presentation, count the number of people in a room, or help get the next presentation up and running on the presentation computer.  While not difficult, each of these "jobs" really helps keep the conference moving smoothly and helps us plan content for next year.

If you are going to be attending most of the session in a room during a morning or afternoon time block I would encourage you to use our Volunteer Sign Up page.  Note that you must create a new login.

I hope that if you are attending you will consider helping and if you are already volunteering thanks!  For those who have volunteered in the past I would love to hear what you enjoyed, why you chose to help, and whether being a room coordinator (what was once a session coordinator) has led you to becoming more inolved in SASGF.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Jenn

1 REPLY 1
louisehadden
Quartz | Level 8

I am a presenter coordinator for room Titian 2206 (which has an awesome line-up of presentations) - and I am desperately seeking room coordinators, particularly on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons when i am presenting myself.  If you'd like an extra ribbon for your badge, an opportunity to really see presentations in depth, and my undying gratitude, sign up to volunteer and ask for room Titian 2206!  Take a look at the agenda builder for the presentations in Titian 2206 and see if any tempt you!

Gratefully, Louise Hadden