BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
HitmonTran
Pyrite | Level 9

does anyone know if there's a way to change the swimmer lane colors in PROC TEMPLATE swimmer plots??

also if you can add a second title in a legend? thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HitmonTran
Pyrite | Level 9

Thanks everyone for their help!

I solved the problem (in bold):

Proc TEMPLATE;
   define STATGRAPH GTL_GRAPH;
   BEGINGRAPH /BORDER=False datacontrastcolor=(purple red blue green);

LAYOUT OVERLAY /
   YAXISOPTS= (DISPLAY=(LABEL) OFFSETMIN=0.1 OFFSETMAX=0.2 LABEL="Patients"
   LABELATTRS=(FAMILY="Arial" WEIGHT=bold SIZE=11pt)
   LINEAROPTS=(VIEWMIN=1 viewmax=%eval(&viewmax - 3) TICKVALUESEQUENCE=(start=1 end=&viewmax INCREMENT=1)))
   XAXISOPTS=(OFFSETMIN=0.05 OFFSETMAX=0.05 LABEL="Drug Treatment (weeks)"
   LABELATTRS=(FAMILY="Arial" weight=bold size=11pt) TICKVALUEATTRS=(COLOR=BLACK)
   LINEAROPTS=(VIEWMIN=0 VIEWMAX=&maxweek TICKVALUESEQUENCE=(START=0 END=&maxweek INCREMENT=&weekint)));
 *  ENTRY HALIGN=center TEXTATTRS=(FAMILY="Arial" COLOR=black SIZE=11pt WEIGHT=bold) "Dose Cohort: Drug 20mg/d (N=10)"/valign=top ;

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Shmuel
Garnet | Level 18

I'm just guessing:

You may find relevant information in:

http://www.pharmasug.org/proceedings/2014/DG/PharmaSUG-2014-DG07.pdf

a line taken from this link:

scatter X=crstart1 Y=subjn /markerattrs=(symbol=trianglefilled size=9 color=red);

Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

Your posts of the same question under different headings is a bit confusing.  Also, it would be easier to help if you add more information, such as an image of what you want.  Having said that, you can find some information in this blog article.  If you want to change the colors of the "Disease Stage" bars, then you can use a STYLEATTRS statement to set your colors, or use a Discrete Attributes Map (DATTRMAP).  

You can find more information on these options in the same blog by searching for those terms, or searching on Google or in SAS documentation.

HitmonTran
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi Sanjay,

I'm using Proc Template. Below is the code.  Under "vectorplot" statement, I want to assign specific colors to "group=DSTAGE" (bold font). "DSTAGE" are different cohorts to the study. Attached is an image of my current plot.  The colors are hard to distinguish from each other.

how do I apply the proc sgplot code onto this? thank you.

Proc TEMPLATE;
   BEGINGRAPH /BORDER=False;

LAYOUT OVERLAY /
   LINEAROPTS=(VIEWMIN=1 viewmax=%eval(&viewmax - 3) TICKVALUESEQUENCE=(start=1 end=&viewmax INCREMENT=1)))
   LINEAROPTS=(VIEWMIN=0 VIEWMAX=&maxweek TICKVALUESEQUENCE=(START=0 END=&maxweek INCREMENT=&weekint)));
 *  ENTRY HALIGN=center TEXTATTRS=(FAMILY="Arial" COLOR=black SIZE=11pt WEIGHT=bold) "Dose Cohort: Drug 20mg/d (N=10)"/valign=top ;

* draw swimmer lane bars;

VECTORPLOT X=XTIME Y=YVAR XORIGIN=0 YORIGIN=yvar/GROUP=DSTAGE
   DATATRANSPARENCY=0.4 ARROWHEADS=FALSE LINEATTRS=(PATTERN=1 THICKNESS=6));

SCATTERPLOT X=eval(XTIME+999) Y=YVAR/GROUP=DSTAGE  Name="TYP" DATATRANSPARENCY=0.3 MARKERATTRS=(SYMBOL=squarefilled SIZE=9) ;

* draw SUBJECT on the bar;
   SCATTERPLOT X=eval(XTIME-XTIME) Y=eval(YVAR+0.6)/GROUP=DSTAGE DATALABEL=SUBJECT DATALABELATTRS=(COLOR=black SIZE=5pt) MARKERATTRS=(size=0) ;

swimmerlanes.png
Shmuel
Garnet | Level 18

You will find full documentation on VECTORPLOT  in:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/grstatgraph/67882/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n0kbxb6xovwq2b...

see next options in the linked page: 

COLORMODEL=color-ramp-style-element | (color-list)

COLORRESPONSE=numeric-column | range-attr-var | expression

I have used google search for:  "sas proc template vectorplot color" and choosed the link above.

Shmuel
Garnet | Level 18

Next link is to documentation on SAS color names and color definitions:

http://www.lexjansen.com/pharmasug/2009/tt/TT04.pdf

see page 12 in the PDF.

HitmonTran
Pyrite | Level 9
Thanks for your help Shmuel, none of it seems to be working. Do you know if I can use multiple GROUP= in the vectorplot? that way I can use lineattrs=(color=xxx) to assign different colors? thanks!
HitmonTran
Pyrite | Level 9

Thanks everyone for their help!

I solved the problem (in bold):

Proc TEMPLATE;
   BEGINGRAPH /BORDER=False datacontrastcolor=(purple red blue green);

LAYOUT OVERLAY /

Jay54
Meteorite | Level 14

The 4 colors you have defined will be used for the classifications instead of the 12 colors defined in the Style.  However, it should be noted the colors will be used in the order the Class values arrive in the data.  If the order of the class values in the data change from day to day, you will get different class values assigned to different colors.  

The safest way to consistently assign colors to class values is by using the Discrete Attributes Map, where they are assigned by VALUE, like "Mild", or "Severe" and not by position in the data.

Shmuel
Garnet | Level 18

Sorry, I have almost no experience with SAS GRAPH of any kind.

I have a lot of experience working with SAS and searching for relevant SAS documentation,

and that is what I have done, with hope that you may understand the documentation better than me

and come to the right conclusion.

Regards

sas-innovate-2024.png

Today is the last day to save with the early bird rate! Register today for just $695 - $100 off the standard rate.

Plus, pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation