BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I'm unable to display the data labels in map chart. I need someone to help completing the map chart with the data labels.

From the below chart I wish to display the state names and its figures in highlighted areas. (e.g. NY 100000) . It means highlighted area should determine NY state with its population 100000. I'm grateful if you can provide the solution from point and click interface like -Datasets-> Graph-> Map chart-> select the variables\,datasets and options->run

Map_Chart.png

6 REPLIES 6
Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Any helpful answers?

Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Any helpful answers?

Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Still looking for answers.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

You will be able to start this project with the Map Chart task, Chloropleth option -- using the map data set for the US and a response variable for your data to indicate the coloring.  This paper by Stephanie Thompson can get you started.

However, to annotate the map area with state names and their populations will require additional data preparation and coding.  I'm going to move this discussion to the community where more experts will see it.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Any helpful answers?

GraphGuy
Meteorite | Level 14

I don't think EG provides any easy way to do this.

You will need to write some custom code outside of EG (and then you could use EG to run that code, or run it independently of EG ... whichever is more convenient). It's a bit tricky, and you'll probably need an intermediate level of knowledge in SAS/Graph and "data step" to accomplish it.

There are several Tech Support gmap examples that show various ways to annotate labels on maps...

Support.sas.com

sas-innovate-2024.png

Today is the last day to save with the early bird rate! Register today for just $695 - $100 off the standard rate.

Plus, pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation