BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
roushankumar
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I am predicting the orders for several products using ARIMAX. The only regressors I have used are the monthly dummies. I have specified seasonality of 52 weeks in the model. Many of the products have predict = F after running proc hpfengine. However, some products do have a forecast.

Investigating further I increased the order of AR (from 1 to 2) for the products that did not have forecast. I see that the products have a forecast with higher AR terms. Further, I removed the monthly dummies and again ran the hpfengine with AR=1. I was able to get forecasts again. I am not sure what's causing the issue. Here's a snippet of the code

proc hpfdiagnose data=work.arima_try
outest=est_baseline
repository=xyz
criterion=rmse
SEASONALITY=52
SELECTEVENT=ALL
DELAYINPUT=0
DELAYEVENT=0
print=none;
by Product;
Forecast baseline_order;
id mydate interval=week end="06Jan2019"D;
trend diff=none sdiff=none;
arimax estmethod=ml outlier=(detect=maybe maxnum=3 MAXPCT=5 siglevel=0.05) p=(0:1)(0:1) q=(0:0)(0:0) num=(0:0) den=(0:0);

input m1 m2 m3 m4 m5 m6 m7 m8 m9 m10 m11 m12;

run;

/*******************************************/

proc hpfengine data=work.arima_try
inest=est_baseline
outest=outest_baseline
repository=xyz
outfor=mytest
lead=105
out=_null_
task=select(criterion=rmse)
SEASONALITY=52
print=none;
by Product;

id mydate interval=week horizonstart="06Jan2019"D;
Forecast baseline_order;
input m1 m2 m3 m4 m5 m6 m7 m8 m9 m10 m11 m12 ;
run;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation