BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
rs_poetic
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

Proc Severity, an experimental proc in ETS, sounds like the answer to my prayers, but I am stuck at the outset with what seems like a very simple error message.  I am trying to run the example given in the documentation, simply:

proc severity data=spilldat;

model spill / crit = aicc;

run;

where spill is a variable in the data.  Although the proc begins to run, the immediate error message in the log is:

errror 180-322: statement is not valid or it is used out of order

Please advise. (I have ETS as part of 9.3 TS level 1M1 on Windows 7.)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

That example is from SAS version 9.22. It seems that the syntax was changed in version 9.3 (it IS experimental!)

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/etsug/63939/HTML/default/viewer.htm#etsug_severity_sect0...

PG

PG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

This is a typical syntax error message. Looking at the doc, there is no MODEL statement for that proc and the CRIT option belongs in the PROC statement. - PG

PG
rs_poetic
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you.  The MODEL statement does look peculiar but perhaps that is due to the context being to fit a predefined univariate probability distribution.  However, the example in the documentation on page 1 of "A simple Example of Fitting Predefined Distributions" is clear that "the MODEL statement specifies the variable to be modeled along with the model selection criterion" and I copied the example there exactly (I believe). Can you provide an illustrative little program for proc severity that does not include a MODEL statement?

PGStats
Opal | Level 21

That example is from SAS version 9.22. It seems that the syntax was changed in version 9.3 (it IS experimental!)

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/etsug/63939/HTML/default/viewer.htm#etsug_severity_sect0...

PG

PG
rs_poetic
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks!!!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation