BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ash3
Calcite | Level 5

I have 50 continuous variables and I want to check normality condition of each variable. Is there any syntax available  which suggest me automatically best transformation (whether it is  log, exp or sqrt)  of each variable in one go.

5 REPLIES 5
ballardw
Super User

I would start with Proc univariate as you can request a test for normality as well as get some descriptive statistics and/or plots of distributions that would give a hint which transform might be useful for those that aren't normal, or close enough for your purpose.

Proc univariate data=have normal;

var <list your variable here or use on of the SAS variable list forms>;

run;

would get you started. Histogram or CDFPLOT or other of the plot statements might be helpful.

haoduonge
Quartz | Level 8

Hi all,

I want to continue with this question.

In STATA we have qladder to check that, I hope SAS has something similar by now too.

Hao

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@haoduonge wrote:

Hi all,

I want to continue with this question.

In STATA we have qladder to check that, I hope SAS has something similar by now too.

Hao

we don't know what qladder does, please explain

Also, what is wrong with doing what @ballardw said above? Seems to be a rather complete answer to the original question.

--
Paige Miller
haoduonge
Quartz | Level 8

I meant the code that can be used to exam multiple variables silmultaneously (avoid to run over and over again).

Thanks!

Hao

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 in conversation