BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Neto
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I'm using SAS Enterprise Guide 5.0 to estimate a dynamic panel model with GMM (Arellano Bond Model). I have an unbalanced panel dataset which consists of about 30000 individuals over 6 years. I'm using the following code:

proc panel data=data_base;

id i t;

clag y(1) / out=data_base_lag;

run;

proc panel data = data_base_lag;

id i t;

instruments depvar;

model y = y_1 x_1 x_2 x_3 /gmm twostep maxband=4 robust artest=2;

run;

The output is providing the "Fit Statistics", "Sargan Test" and "Parameter Estimates". But the result of the test for autocorrelation in the residuals (ARTEST) is not been provided. The result for this test is the following table, filled with ".".

AR(m) test

Lag

Statistic

Pr > Statistic

Do you have any idea why is this happening?

Thanks,

Neto

4 REPLIES 4
lemai
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Neto,

I have the same problem in SAS. Please let me know if you had solution to figure it out or not?

Many thanks.

lemai

bobby_sas
SAS Employee

Neto and Lemai,

In my experience, this most often arises from a singular regression that is encountered while calculating the test.  If Neto could email me some data that reproduces the problem at Bobby.Gutierrez@sas.com, I'll be glad to take a closer look and recommend a solution.

--Bobby

MBJEBARA
Calcite | Level 5

Hello, 

I am working on something similar and received the same problem. 

Anyone have an idea what it might be the reason?

Thanks

Doiaru
Calcite | Level 5

I have the same problem: the AR test is not calculated when using PROC PANEL with the GMM method even though there are no missing values in the data. Can you please share the solution? 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation