BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ehabyamani
Fluorite | Level 6

Greetings,

I am running out-of sample forecast test in SAS using PROC UCM, using the following code:

PROC UCM DATA = fx.developedroll NOPRINT; BY country beg_date end_date;ID DATE INTERVAL=MONTH; 
MODEL FXret = ret;IRREGULAR;level var=0;
estimate back=1 outest=OOSRollEst1_BOret; *estimation span;
FORECAST back=1 LEAD=1 outfor=fx.OOSRollRes1_ret plot=forecasts;  run;

However, I don't know how to find/calculate the following statistics from the UCM 'statistics of fit' output:

1. Clark and West (2007) test

2. Giacomini and White (2006) test

3. and Giacomini and Rossi (2010) test

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
rselukar
SAS Employee

I support the UCM procedure.  I am unfamiliar with these references.  I will go over them and see if you might be able to compute these test statistics using the UCM output.  Of course, this will take some time.  In the mean time if someone already knows about these matters, please respond.

ehabyamani
Fluorite | Level 6
I appreciate your willingness to help. I tired several codes but I wan't ab;e to figure it out. I will really appreciate your help.
ehabyamani
Fluorite | Level 6

Greetings,

I am running out-of sample forecast test in SAS using PROC UCM, using the following code:

PROC UCM DATA = fx.developedroll NOPRINT; BY country beg_date end_date;ID DATE INTERVAL=MONTH; 
MODEL FXret = ret;IRREGULAR;level var=0;
estimate back=1 outest=OOSRollEst1_BOret; *estimation span;
FORECAST back=1 LEAD=1 outfor=fx.OOSRollRes1_ret plot=forecasts;  run;

However, I don't know how to find/calculate the following statistics from the UCM 'statistics of fit' output:

1. Clark and West (2007) test

2. Giacomini and White (2006) test

3. and Giacomini and Rossi (2010) test

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation