BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sas_pete
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all ,

I originally posted my question in the statistical procedures but maybe its better placed in this forum:

I'd like to perform Mincer-Zarnowitz regressions to test whether a forecast is associated with a forecast error that is unpredictable.

My equation is a simple OLS: Realized value = b0 + b1*Forecast.

Since my sample consists of yearly data, I run regressions annually, i.e. for each year I observe the coefficients for b0 and b1. In a next step, I build time-series averages for the coeffiicents, i.e. I build the mean over the yearly coefficients.

To see if there are systematic errors, I need to test whether the time-series average coefificent for the Forecast is statistically different from 1 using Newey West T statistics. For similar situations where I test if a sample mean of a series is statistically different from 0, I use the following procedure:

proc model data=two;
         endo Forecast;
         instruments / intonly;
         parms b0;
         Forecast=b0;
         fit Forecast / gmm kernel=(bart,5,0) vardef=n;
         run; 
         quit;

Is it possible to change this to 1? Otherwise, what would be the best way to get Newey West T-stats to test whether the coefficient for Forecast is statistically different from 1?

I already tried to add a test statement (e.g. test Forecast=1). However, I am afraid this delivers the Wald-test but not Newey West T stats.

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

I deleted the duplicate post in the statistical procedures board, so all of the responses will go in one area.

Best,

Shelley

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation