BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
tal83
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

Let's say I have a dataset of 1000 observation.

I want to construct a model using the first 900 observation, and to build predictions for the 901th -1000th observation-in orde to test my model and compute the residual.

How do I get predictions to the rest of my dataset?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
art297
Opal | Level 21

Take a look at proc score http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/statug/63033/HTML/default/viewer.htm#statug_score_sect00...

It will accept the model that you can output from proc reg.

However, you probably don't want to take the first 900 observations but, rather, construct to datasets one containing a random selection of 900 records and the other the remaining 100 records.

tal83
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks. my serie is a Time serie- and for that reason I don't chose the 100 records randomly.

I want to compare  classical regression results with   reg-arima (dependent variables+arima for residuals)

model results.

I'll try to raed about the score procedure.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation