BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Edie
Calcite | Level 5

We are upgrading to EG 4.3 and one of my users has run into this.  Have any of you guys?  Is there something that should be set that isn't to keep this from happening.  Here's the context from my tester.

I opened up some 4.2 egps that had Excel and Access import nodes and tried to execute an entire process flow, but that doesn’t work. Even when I saved the egp in 4.3, the import nodes still didn’t work without some manual effort and TLC.

If you have Excel or Access import nodes saved in 4.2, it looks like you have to step through each of the nodes step by step. By “step through”, I mean you have to “modify” each of the import nodes, then keep hitting “Next” until the file is brought in. Only then will all the data come in OK; otherwise you get missing values in the imported file, usually in the last column.  Once you manually step through each of the nodes and re-save the egp as a 4.3, and reopen it, then you can kick off the process flow run, and it works well.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Edie

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

In general, this should be unnecessary.  But it's possible that there is something special about the way your 4.2 projects were built that make it behave this way.

I suggest that you contact SAS Technical Support.  They may want an example project file (4.2 version) to help them investigate.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
Edie
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks, Chris.  I'll get the project and also include the excerpt from here.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation