BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
cnilsen
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

I'm working to enhance an EG report with some new calcs to be used for determining shipping measurements 

My data set will have 3  numeric data columns with whole numbers & numbers with decimal positions.

IE:

For the values that have no decimal positions, I need to leave those numbers 'as is'

Any value that has a decimal position, I need to always round up to the next whole number with no decimal positions

so my expected results will be:

Does anyone know of a function or routine I can use for this? 

Any help would be appreciated!

- Chris N.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

CEIL function.

https://documentation.sas.com/?cdcId=pgmsascdc&cdcVersion=9.4_3.5&docsetId=lefunctionsref&docsetTarg...

@cnilsen wrote:

Hi,

I'm working to enhance an EG report with some new calcs to be used for determining shipping measurements 

My data set will have 3  numeric data columns with whole numbers & numbers with decimal positions.

IE:

For the values that have no decimal positions, I need to leave those numbers 'as is'

Any value that has a decimal position, I need to always round up to the next whole number with no decimal positions

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

CEIL function.

https://documentation.sas.com/?cdcId=pgmsascdc&cdcVersion=9.4_3.5&docsetId=lefunctionsref&docsetTarg...

@cnilsen wrote:

Hi,

IE:

cnilsen
Quartz | Level 8
That worked PERFECT... thank you for the quick response!
-Chris
- Chris N.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation