BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Jade_SAS
Pyrite | Level 9

HI All,

I have quick questions of "SAS Folders" in SAS EG, I searched and find this link

http://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=bisag&docsetTarget=p0m58rt1se8r58n1dd6pujtbiwl3.htm&docsetVer...

My questions are:

1) Are users allowed to save data in the metadata "SAS Folders"?

2) If so, how to reference the path in SAS coding? So the data can be saved in the "SAS Folders"?

Thank you!

Jade

4 REPLIES 4
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

HI!

You can't store metadata directly under SAS Folders, you need to add a subfolder.

In that folder you can store metadata information about the tables not the physical data which is stored in a libname.

Using proc metalib you can register tables using base code, this might help you get started:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/engimap/63339/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n0efd9zid4e2xln1oi...

//Fredrik
SASKiwi
PROC Star

You appear to be confusing SAS's metadata folder structure ("SAS Folders") with "real" folders as might exist on disk. SAS's metadata folder structure is for storing metadata objects created by SAS (like SAS VA reports for example), and has nothing to do with where you might physically store SAS data.

Jade_SAS
Pyrite | Level 9
Thank you! Usually what's the purpose to use "SAS Folders"? I never use it before and don't know how to use the "SAS Folders".
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

The folders structure is used to store metadata about DI-jobs, information maps, stored processes, tables, reports and so on.

You can set security on metadata folders to grant/deny users content in the folders.

When working in DI-studio you only work with folders, the same goes for Visual Analytics, when you store the reports.

It is a bit confusing in EG where you have both the servers tab and the folders tab. In EG I always work with the servers tab.

//Fredrik

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation