BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DirkV
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

i use this code to genearate an excel report:

ODS excel file= "&bedr.\&rapp..xlsx"  style=excel

options(sheet_name="&rapp." flow="tables" ABSOLUTE_COLUMN_WIDTH ='175px,210px,126px,348px,210px,203px,91px,91px,119px,147px,126px,133px,91px,91px,91px'

absolute_row_height='20px');

proc print data=mydataset noobs LABEL;

run;

ODS excel CLOSE;

I run the code in SAS EG, it works fine. In an other sas session several options are not working, column width in pixels, style = excel and flow = "tables"

How would that be possible? 

What system options could make the difference?

Regards,

Dirk

3 REPLIES 3
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
These "sub-options" (everything in parentheses after the word options on the ODS EXCEL statement) are specific to ODS EXCEL. Those sub-options will not necessarily work in other ODS destinations. Are you sure you are using ODS EXCEL in your other sessions? If not, you should not expect the sub-options to work.

Also your other SAS sessions have to be using a version of SAS in which ODS EXCEL was production.

Finally, for STYLE=EXCEL option -- the STYLE template has to be on those other systems too.

You might want to work with Tech Support on this question because there are too many unknown reasons why your code in EG wouldn't work elsewhere.

Cynthia
DirkV
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Cyntia,

Thanks for your answer.

i am using the same code in the two different SAS sessions.

One is 'development', the other is 'production'. 

I'm trying to find out what should be done to make sure the output is the same. One would of course assume that both environments are the same, which apparently is not. 

Regards,

Dirk

Reeza
Super User
Well, I'd probably see which options weren't working and say any options related to those. In general, first check that both installations are the exact same version.

proc product_status;run; will tell you the version in the log.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation