BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
okaka23
Calcite | Level 5

I am using SAS EG and assign library 'US' as libname US ODBC user=XXX using=XXX datasrc=PROD_CBA  schema=US

I should have permission to 10 tables in US library, table1, table2, table3....table10. However, when I expand US library, it shows only table1 to table5. 

But I still have access to table6... table10 , they are just not visible in the library. 

I got the output after running the codes below.

data test;

set table7 (obs=5);

run;

I have also try uppercase of the the schema, but it doesn't help. 

there's probably an OPTIONS statement we can use to avoid this issue but really cannot recall it. Thanks for the help.

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisBrooks
Ammonite | Level 13

I see you're using an ODBC driver - what is the data source e.g. ORACLE, MySQL?

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Are table1, table2 etc the actual table names? The reason I ask is table names longer than 32 characters won't show as this is a documented SAS limitation.

ASHISH2525
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

Did you find any solution for this.

We are facing same issue.

Regard,

Ashish

SASKiwi
PROC Star

If you are setting up a data source to an external database in SAS metadata in SAS Management Console, then to ensure you can see tables add AssignMode = 2 in the Properties of the library.

This also avoids having to register the tables in the first place.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation