BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
naveenraj
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

Has anyone used control M scheduler to schedule enterprise guide projects. I have scheduled project with schedule prroject within SAS enterprise guide. If i have multiple projects that are dependent on one another how can i set it up to run one after other using control m. if you have any documents or experiance setting it up, pls share.

Regards,

Naveen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Enterprise Guide exists solely on your Windows desktop. So you would need to start with "How does Control M manage a Windows system?".

EG interfaces with the native Windows Scheduler via VB scripting to run projects.

I would not consider scheduling processes via desktops as sound practice. Instead I'd always try to use more reliable backend servers for scheduling.

In our organization we have:

- Control M on the mainframe

- SAS BI Server on a UNIX server

- Enterprise Guide on desktops

We do not schedule EG projects; instead we save production code 8developed in EG) as .sas files to the UNIX server and have that run in batch mode by Control M. As interface (between Mainframe and UNIX) we use locally built scripting that relies totally on out-of-the-box tools (ksh & openssh).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Enterprise Guide exists solely on your Windows desktop. So you would need to start with "How does Control M manage a Windows system?".

EG interfaces with the native Windows Scheduler via VB scripting to run projects.

I would not consider scheduling processes via desktops as sound practice. Instead I'd always try to use more reliable backend servers for scheduling.

In our organization we have:

- Control M on the mainframe

- SAS BI Server on a UNIX server

- Enterprise Guide on desktops

We do not schedule EG projects; instead we save production code 8developed in EG) as .sas files to the UNIX server and have that run in batch mode by Control M. As interface (between Mainframe and UNIX) we use locally built scripting that relies totally on out-of-the-box tools (ksh & openssh).

naveenraj
Quartz | Level 8

thanks @Kurt_Bremser and @LinusH for your insight into this topic.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
I'm with @Kurt_Bremser here, you schedule the generated .sas code.
If wish to have the dependency control in SAS and have the SAS command generated for you, register the .sas files as jobs in SMC. Then build job flows in the schedule manager plugin in SMC. When "scheduled" a vbs or shell script is generated which you can call from control M.
Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation