BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Jade_SAS
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi All,

a qucik question, has anyone tried to use the "assign project library" in SAS EG for sql data access? I tried and it does not work for me,

For example, the following library coding works,

LIBNAME sqltest ODBC USER="***" PASSWORD="***" DATASRC="a1-b2" SCHEMA=dbo;

But if I want to get the above connection using "assign project library",  what information I should fill in the attached window that needed in the process? I do not know what should fill in for server. I tried to use "a1-b2" for server, but failed.

Any comments on this?

Thanks,

Jade

assign_project_library.PNG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Damo
SAS Employee

Hi Jade,

The Database Server should not be empty as it will pick automatically one of the server defined in your Metadata.

This is the content extracted from the EG log (you can also access it from the interface and the HELP button if the definition is not good enough)

DatabaseSystem.JPG

The relevant extract confirming that the list should not be empty is that one:

The drop-down list displays the database servers that have been defined in the active SAS Metadata Repository. If the server that you want to use is not defined in the metadata, then that server does not appear in the drop-down list. Your administrator can use SAS Management Console to define additional servers.

If you are using EG with a Metadata Server, you'll need to add that definition, using the SAS Management Console.

This would be a task for your SAS administrator.

Cheers,

Damien

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Damo
SAS Employee

Hi Jade,

The Database Server should not be empty as it will pick automatically one of the server defined in your Metadata.

This is the content extracted from the EG log (you can also access it from the interface and the HELP button if the definition is not good enough)

DatabaseSystem.JPG

The relevant extract confirming that the list should not be empty is that one:

The drop-down list displays the database servers that have been defined in the active SAS Metadata Repository. If the server that you want to use is not defined in the metadata, then that server does not appear in the drop-down list. Your administrator can use SAS Management Console to define additional servers.

If you are using EG with a Metadata Server, you'll need to add that definition, using the SAS Management Console.

This would be a task for your SAS administrator.

Cheers,

Damien

Jade_SAS
Pyrite | Level 9

Thank you, my admin just added the database so that I finally have a drop list in EG!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation