BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
alepage
Barite | Level 11

Hello,

I have build a project which contains 7 SAS programs and I would like to use process flux to speed up a little bit the project execution.

A composed name is provided to prog1 which in turn decompose the composed name into Source (ex: HydroOne) and Filename. The source name will be use later.

Prog2 use this FileName to import a DDL file (FileName.DDL) into a text variable in a dataset  read it and make some modification to this text variable then generate a valid sql file (FileName.SQL)

Prog3 use FileName.SQL to generate a SAS Dataset Template.

Prog4 connect to an oracle table (FileName) and import it to a SAS Data set.

Prog5 convert some date variable into an appropriate date format.

Prog1 need to be executed first.

Prog2 could be executed after Prog1 thereafter prog3 will be executed.

Prog4 could be executed after prog1 and thereafter prog5 will be executed.

Those processes could be executed in parallel to gain time.

Prog6 need the Template generated by Prog3 as well as the table generated by Prog5 before starting itself.

Prog6 is use to validate the dataset. An Error Report is generated if error are found (sas data set containing the errors). If no error are found then The error report is empty.

Prog7 convert the valid data set into xml file.  Prog7 should never start if error are found into prog6.  Also, prog7 should not start before the ValidData data set is completed in prog6.

Up to now, I have tried few process fluxes, but the only flow process that ran successfully is considering the programs to be independent of each other and executing one after one. In that manner, there is no time economy.

I have look to conditional treatment before starting prog6  such as based on, definition operator value but I don't understand how it works.

Does someone is familiar with the setting in conditional treatment?

I could be completely wrong.

Maybe there is a better way to do that.?

1 REPLY 1

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation