BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
mcnunes
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I would like to export a txt file with semicolon instead a comma, is it possible to do this without procedure?  Are there any place in configuration where i can change the default comma to semicolon?

The question is for SAS enterprise guide

Thank you very much

Maria

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

I couldn't see anything in the GUI, but I would expect it to be there somewhere....

Otherwise, a proc export is straighforward, just change the path. However, if EG is on the server you can't export directly to your local drive, so that's a downside. Hopefully someone else has a better answer!

proc export data=sashelp.air outfile='c:\_localdata\temp\test.txt' dbms=dlm replace;
delimiter=';'; 
run;

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User

I couldn't see anything in the GUI, but I would expect it to be there somewhere....

Otherwise, a proc export is straighforward, just change the path. However, if EG is on the server you can't export directly to your local drive, so that's a downside. Hopefully someone else has a better answer!

proc export data=sashelp.air outfile='c:\_localdata\temp\test.txt' dbms=dlm replace;
delimiter=';'; 
run;
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

With EG 7.12x select "Text Files"

csv_export_colon.png

Damo
SAS Employee

Hi @mcnunes

As mentioned by @Reeza, proc export is an easy option to get what you're looking for.

But if you want to use the export mentioned by @andreas_lds, you ahve to be aware that the delimiter (comma or semicolon) will be delimited by the Region and Language settings, in particular the Format one.

If you select French for instance on your local machine (where SAS Enterprise Guide is installed), you'll have the semicolon.

RegionAndLanguage.JPG

But if you have English, comma will be your delimiter.

Changing that setting may have too much impact on your machine.

So an easy alternative would be to add the /culture:fr parameter to your EG shortcut

Your new TARGET value would look like this:

D:\opt\sasinside\SASHome\SASEnterpriseGuide\7.1\SEGuide.exe /culture:fr

Culture.JPG

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Damo

eltondamata
Calcite | Level 5

with portuguese it's work too.

"C:\Program Files\SASHome\x86\SASEnterpriseGuide\5.1\SEGuide.exe" /culture:pt

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 5 in conversation